Key given below
- 24)We travel, initially to lose overselves and we travel next to find ourselves. (USE *not only – but also*)
- 25)We travel *to open* our hearts.((Use *gerund form* of underlined word)
- 26) We learn more about the world.(Change into *passive voice*)
- 27)The first great of joy travelling is *simply the luxury of leaving all my beliefs.*(Frame *Wh* question)
- 28)Travel is the best way we have of *rescuing* The humaniy of places.(Rewrite using *Infinitive form*) Or *Change the Degree*)
- 29) We can become a kind of Pigeon. (Use modal auxiliary which indicates *possibility* )
- 30)All of us have heard the old Proust line.(Begin the sentence with – *The old Proust line*)
- 31) You can teach them what they have to celebrate. (Replace modal auxiliary showing *advice /suggestion*)
- 32) I go to Iceland *to visit* the lunar space within me.(Use *Gerund form*)
- 33) People cannot put a name or tag to us.(Use *be able to*)
- 34) We live without apart or future. (USE *Present perfect continuous tense*)
- 35)Travelling is a way to reverse time.(Frame a *Rhetorical question*)
- 36) I can remake myself for better.(Replace the modal auxiliary by showing *Possibility*)
- 37)Travel can be a kind of monasticism.(Make it *Interrogative*)
- 38) We are being consumed by the cultures .(Begin the sentence with *The cultures*)
- 39) When you go to McDonald’s outlet in Kyoto , you will find Teriyaki, macburgers and Bacon potato pies. (Use *As soon as/ No sooner— than*)
- 40) They can travel around the world.(Use *be able to*)
- 41) The world seems increasing in flux.(Frame a *Rhetorical question*)
- 42) They invent the places.(Use *Present perfect tense*)
- 43)The most valuable pacifies we explorer will always be the vast expanses within us. (Change the *degree* )
Key for the above Exercise
- We travel not only to lose ourselves but also to find ourselves.
- We travel to opening our hearts.
- More is learned about the world through travel. (Passive voice: The world is learned about more through travel.)
- What is the first great joy of travelling?
- To rescue the humanity of places, travel is the best way we have. OR The best way we have to rescue the humanity of places is through travel. (Infinitive form or Degree change)
- We may become a kind of pigeon.
- The old Proust line is familiar to all of us.
- You should teach them what they should celebrate. (Replace modal auxiliary ‘can’ with ‘should’)
- I go to Iceland to visit the lunar space within myself. (Using gerund form ‘visiting’ is also possible)
- People are not able to put a name or tag to us.
- We have been living without a past or future.
- Isn’t travelling a way to reverse time? (Rhetorical question)
- I may remake myself for the better. (Replacing ‘can’ with ‘may’ to show possibility)
- Can travel be a kind of monasticism? (Interrogative)
- The cultures are consuming us.
- No sooner do you go to the McDonald’s outlet in Kyoto than you will find Teriyaki, Macburgers, and Bacon potato pies. OR As soon as you go to the McDonald’s outlet in Kyoto, you will find Teriyaki, Macburgers, and Bacon potato pies.
- They are able to travel around the world.
- Isn’t the world seeming to increase in flux? (Rhetorical question)
- They have invented the places. (Using present perfect tense ‘have invented’)
- The most valuable pacifies we explorer will always be the vast expanses within us. (Changing the degree to superlative: The most valuable pacifies we explore will always be the vast expanses within us.)
Do as directed.
1) I placed on the summit the offerings to God that I had carried with me.(Pick out the verbs and write their tense)
Ans: placed – simple past tense ; had carried – past perfect
2) I could not kneel because of my clothes. (Rewrite using ‘able to’)
Ans : I was not able to kneel because of my clothes.
3) I offered a silent prayer in my heart. (Change the voice)
Ans : A silent prayer was offered in my heart.
4) I has to bring my ice axe down with me.(Spot the error/errors)
Ans: I have / had to bring my ice axe down with me.
5)This will also help in guiding the students regarding the best career from him. (Rewrite using the noun form of the bold word)
Ans: This will also help for the guidance of the students regarding the best career for them.
6)My wish is to soar like —bird in— sky of freedom. (Use proper articles)
Ans: My wish is to soar like a bird in the sky of freedom.
7)He is good –English, but weak —Mathematics. (Use proper prepositions)
Ans: He is good in English, but weak in Mathematics.
8) LIC is one of the most popular insurance companies in India. (Rewrite beginning ‘Very few….)
Very few companies in India are as popular as LIC.
9) The scenaries of Darjeeling are very beautiful.
(Spot the error/errors)
Ans : The scenary of Darjeeling is very beautiful.