Warming up! Chit-Chat
Basketful of Moonlight
1. Did you like to hear bedtime stories when you were a child?
Ans. Yes, I liked to hear bedtime stories in my childhood.
2. Who usually told you the bedtime stories?
Ans : My grandmother/ mother used to tell me the bedtime stories.
3. Why did you like them?
Ans : I liked the stories because they entertain me. I could spend time with my grandmother. The stories made me sleep.
4. Do you still like to hear those stories, again?
Ans : I like to hear the stories again. Or I don’t like to hear those stories again.
1. Discuss in groups about the procedure of planting a tree. Write the steps in bullet points and present it before the class.
1. Digging soil 2. Putting a sapling
3. Filling soil around the sapling
4. Watering the sapling
5. Fencing the plant.
2. Discuss in pairs and write what your father and mother do for your family.
Sidebar Activities on Basketful of Moonlight
What does the poet wish to get from the moon and why?
And: The poet wishes to get Seeds of moonlight to sow along the path from village to City.
Why is the road from the city to the village dangerous? Ans : There are snakes and Scorpions on the dark road.
Why does the poet want his father home early?
Ans : The poet wants his father home early to listen to the stories from his father.
How do you spend your evening time with your family members?
Ans : I spend my evening time with my family members. I work in the garden and talk with my mother. I watch T.V . along with my family and discuss the episodes.
1. Complete the following sentences with the help of the poem Basketful of Moonlight.
(a) The child wants to sow small moons of light from the city to her village.
dark route tough
I want to light the dark route.
5Write as many words as you can, using -ful as a suffix. For example, basketful, handful bucketful, cupful mouthful spoonful Jarful glassful bagtul boxful mugful
6. Pick out the examples of Alliteration and Repetition, Apostrophe from the poem Basketful of Moonlight
Alliteration: give me moonlight, I want to sow seeds of moon
Repetition: small,small moons of light
Apostrophe: O moon