To improve basic skills of English reading plays an important role. Keep reading.
Max and the Lost City
Max is spending the summer with his grandparents in a remote jungle village in South America. One day, while exploring the jungle with Coco, Max discovers a strange map hidden in an old temple.
The map leads Max and Coco on a dangerous journey deep into the heart of the jungle, in search of a lost city said to be filled with treasures and ancient artifacts. Along the way, they face all kinds of obstacles, including treacherous terrain, wild animals, and dangerous traps.
When they finally reach the lost city, Max and Coco discover that it is guarded by a tribe of fierce warriors who are not happy to see outsiders. Max and Coco must use all their wits and skills to avoid capture and find the treasure they seek.
As they explore the lost city, Max and Coco encounter all sorts of strange and wondrous things, including giant pyramids, mysterious temples, and even a hidden underground chamber. Along the way, they learn about the ancient civilization that built the city and the legends and myths that surround it.
In the end, Max and Coco manage to escape the lost city with the treasure they sought, but not before making some powerful enemies. As they return to the village, Max realizes that his adventures have only just begun and wonders where his curiosity and thirst for adventure will take him next
Global Understanding Questions:
1. What is the central theme or goal that drives Max and Coco’s journey in the story?
2. How do the challenges faced by Max and Coco contribute to their character development throughout the narrative?
3. In what ways does the lost city serve as a pivotal element in the storyline, impacting the characters and plot?
4. Reflect on the significance of Max’s realization at the end regarding his adventures. How does it set the stage for future developments in the narrative?
5. How do the various elements of the jungle, such as treacherous terrain, wild animals, and dangerous traps, create a sense of tension and excitement in the story?
1. Where is Max spending his summer with his grandparents?
2. What prompts Max and Coco to embark on a dangerous journey into the heart of the jungle?
3. What obstacles do Max and Coco encounter on their way to the lost city?
4. Who guards the lost city, and why are they not happy to see outsiders?
5. What do Max and Coco discover as they explore the lost city, and how does this contribute to the overall narrative?
Interference Type Question:
1. How does Max’s discovery of a map in the old temple impact the direction of the story in the jungle village?
1. Identify the tense used in the sentence: “Max is spending the summer with his grandparents in a remote jungle village in South America.”
2. Locate the adjective in the sentence: “The map leads Max and Coco on a dangerous journey deep into the heart of the jungle.”
3. In the sentence “Max and Coco must use all their wits and skills,” identify the modal verb and its function.
4. Point out the coordinating conjunction in the sentence: “They face all kinds of obstacles, including treacherous terrain, wild animals, and dangerous traps.”
5. Identify the antecedent of the pronoun “it” in the sentence: “Max and Coco discover that it is guarded by a tribe of fierce warriors.”